Join us for our Annual Christmas Bazaar!
- When: Sat. Dec 1st from 10am-2pm
- Where: St. Mark’s Church Parish House
- Admission to the Bazaar: Free
- Lunch is available for purchase from 11:30- 1:30
COME TO THE BAZAAR!: Please join us this holiday season for our annual signature fundraising event! The fantastic Bazaar will feature tasty baked goods, gifts for the holidays, a silent auction, raffles of fabulous gift baskets, and an extensive White Elephant sale. Our wonderful cooks will be serving delicious luncheon fare from the Kitchen Café. And there will be fun games and activities for the kids! You can always find a special treat at the Christmas Bazaar!
NEW this year:
- Come to our Craft Workshop on THIS Sunday 11/4 4:30 – 6:30 and join our youth group to make gingerbread houses, fudge sauce, caramel sauce, create the very popular dog bone wreaths, and much more. Donations are needed to make these crafts (1/4 inch Christmas ribbon, boxes of Milk-Bone dog bone treats, bags of candy to fill jars and make candy trains, etc), for more details go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4baeac22aa8-donations3
- The Jolly Jar Table is still in business this year! The Youth Group and Laura Pelliccio will be managing the table, so please continue to bring in your filled jars (to the kitchen) as we hope to get to 200 jars this year. Thanks again to Helen for all of her years of running the Jar Table!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Please use this sign-up sheet link (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080B4BAEAC22AA8-volunteers4) or the paper copy in the parish hall lobby:
- Set Up White Elephant Room: We have an attic full of donations and need more volunteers this year to set up and price. The youth group will bring all of the donations down from the attic, so help is needed from 10-2 on Mon 11/26 through Thurs. 11/29. It would be great to have 5 people helping out each day, feel free to stop by any time on any day.
- Table Set Up: George and John have been great setting up all of the tables on Wednesday 11/28 year after year, but this year we will need some help setting upon Wed 11/28 and putting the tables away on Sat 12/1. Please let me know if you (or husband or son) can help out.
- Drivers for Leftovers: After the bazaar is over, we need several volunteer drivers to help pack up the left-over items and bring them to Savers in Marlborough. We can do this any day the week of 12/3.
DONATIONS NEEDED: See more details on the sign-up link (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080B4BAEAC22AA8-donations4)
- Bake Shop: We need lots of donated goodies from the parish: cakes, cookies, fudge, and all kinds of yummy treats. Please see the Sign-Up Genius list (being sent out via email soon) for ideas of what is needed and remember to drop off your donations Friday 11/30 or early Saturday 12/1.
- Craft Table: We need more hand-crafted items – last year we were low! Put on your crafty hat and make something! We only need 5-7 of any item. Easy peasy! Drop off by Thursday 11/29. And, please join in the Craft Workshop on 11/4 detailed above.
- Silent Auction: Donations of goods and services are ideal for the silent auction – such as babysitting services, use of a vacation home, antiques, new or gently used fine furnishings, commemorative items and more! Drop off by Thursday 11/29.
- Jars: Remember to empty jars and refill them with fun things for the Jolly Jar table – let’s try again to get to 200 jars! Drop off by Friday 11/30.
- White Elephant Room: Many volunteers are desperately needed to set up the many items for sale. Help needed Monday through Friday, 10am – 2pm. Please stop by when you can or sign up for a shift on the Sign-Up Genius (being sent out via email soon).
- Raffle Baskets: Gabriela and Jeanne will be contacting you soon for the themed donation requests for the always popular raffle baskets. Also, items needed for the themed raffle baskets “What Women Want” and “What Men Want”. Please bag and label and leave with donations.
- Jewelry Room: Please put donated jewelry in the church office for safekeeping until the bazaar.
- Sunday 11/4 – Craft Workshop, 4:30 – 6:30, donations needed and many helping hands. Come join the fun!
- Sunday 11/18 – Attic: Youth Group will help bring the collected donations down from the attic and put in the library and music room.
- Week of 11/19 (Thanksgiving week) – Donations can be dropped off in the library
- Week of 11/26 (Final week) – Set up each day for White Elephant room and other areas by the end of the week. Help needed Monday through Friday, 10am – 2pm
- Saturday 12/1- Day of the Bazaar! Volunteers should arrive by 9:30, Doors open at 10am! Please wear festive outfits.
There is much to do in November to make St. Mark’s Annual Christmas Bazaar another success! Thank you to everyone for your continued efforts to support St. Mark’s in this fundraising event year after year and bring the spirit of the season to our community.
Please contact Dana McCluskey email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to help.