Twice a year, in the Autumn and in the Spring, we host a 4 week course for newcomers. These classes which run about an hour on Sundays after church give an overview of the following.
- The Christian Family Tree and where we as Episcopalians fit in
- The basis of authority as Anglicans
- An overview of the Bible
- A run through of our Book of Common Prayer
- A conversation about St. Mark’s and our ministries
- How to participate in the life of the church
In addition, we also host a Newcomers’ Dinner with staff and vestry members, and then finally welcome new members in our Sunday liturgy.
Interested in joining St. Mark’s? Email our rector, Phil LaBelle, at phil [at] stmarkssouthborough [dot] org for more information.