At St. Mark’s we believe our call to live as disciples of Jesus Christ must include serving others. This isn’t a “let’s help those poor people over there” sort of thing, but rather an opportunity to work alongside and with our neighbors. Our world keeps growing smaller and that means our neighborhood keeps growing.
Each month we designate our open plate offerings to a specific non-profit organization that we believe exemplifies our values. Any money not specified for St. Mark’s in our Sunday morning collection gets given to them entirely. Additionally, we seek ways to engage in hands-on service with the desire to establish on-going relationships with others.
We regularly serve alongside:
- Straight Ahead Ministries in meeting with young men at the DYS lock-up facility in Westborough every couple of months on a Wednesday evening.
- Our Father’s Table in Marlborough to feed the hungry on a Monday night each month.
- St. Francis House feeding program in Boston. Often on Sundays when colleges are on breaks.
- Southborough Food Pantry housed at Pilgrim Church right next door to us, on a Tuesday and Friday each month.
We’ve also partnered with:
- Friends of Families in Transition
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Worcester
- Project Just Because in Hopkinton
- World Vision
- Living Water International
- Abby’s House
- NEADS Dogs for the Deaf and Disabled
Our Outreach Team gathers on the 2nd Sunday of the month during our Coffee Hour at 9:45 to plan outreach activities and determine new partners for our open plate offerings. If you’d like to join them, contact Marta vonLowenfeldt or join us in the Parish Hall.