Upcoming Parish Activities
We hope that you will participate in these upcoming activities. Mark your calendars now!
- Sunday, Jan. 27th Annual Meeting: 8:45 Single Service followed by our Annual meeting and brunch provided by the Vestry. Sunday School will also take place.
- Sunday, Feb. 3rd Chili Bowl: Please place your orders by Sun. Jan. 27th. All proceeds go towards our summer Youth Group trip.
- Sunday, Feb. 3rd Newcomer’s Classes Begin
- Sunday, March 3rd: First Communion Eucharist
- Tuesday, March 5th Shrove Tuesday: Please join us for our pancake supper tradition as we kick off the season of Lent
- Wednesday, March 6th Ash Wednesday
- Sunday, March 10th Lenten Film Series Begins: 6:30 Sundays throughout Lent
- First Communion: Children in Grade 2 and older are welcome to receive First Communion this spring. Classes will take place during Sunday School (immediately following the 8:45 service) on the following dates: January 13, January 20, February 3, February 10 and February 24.
- Second Saturday Service Days: Every second Saturday of the month the Outreach team will organize an event. Some events will be at St. Mark’s and others will be off-site working with various organizations throughout the region. Each project will be scheduled in advance, with a begin and end time, so everyone will know the time commitment. Mark your calendars now for every second Saturday of the month!
- Open Plate Offering: Our January Open Plate and Outreach recipient is all about reading. We are partnering with Raising a Reader and collecting new and gently used books to be given to families or schools in need of these materials. Please be sure that the books are in good condition and not ripped. These will be collected in a large, plastic bin in the Parish Hall throughout January.
- Connect Groups: We’re inviting you to get to know your St. Mark’s neighbors! Running through the end of the year, we’re inviting you to participate in a once every 3-4 week’s small group based on geography. The intent will be to share some food—appetizers, dessert or a full dinner/lunch—at someone’s home or an agreed upon location. Spend some time getting to know one another and reflecting on a question together.
- Wednesdays at 9:30 Women’s Group: The group meets from 9:30-11 in the Prayer Room. All are welcome!
- Prayer Shawl Group: The group meets monthly in the Parish Hall from 9:30 am – 11 am.