Upcoming Parish Activities
We hope that you will participate in these upcoming activities. Mark your calendars now!
Plan to Attend a Capital Campaign Reception
“Our Heritage, Our Faith, Our Future” Campaign Needs You!
Recently, we announced the inauguration of a Capital Campaign, “Our Heritage, Our Faith, Our Future” with a goal of raising $800,000. This campaign will allow us to address significant repairs to our beloved tower so that it can stand for over another 100 years and continue to welcome into our parish the ones searching for God. In addition, we have a number of other improvements to our parish facilities that will enhance our mission and outreach.
Our parish will be hosting a series of receptions to share more personally with you the work to be completed and our fundraising plan. Your presence would be greatly appreciated as together we embark on this important endeavor.
Receptions to be held in the Church Library at the following times:
- Thursday, May 30 at 6:00 PM
- Saturday, June 1 at 9:30 AM
Light refreshments will be served! Please return an RSVP card—mailed directly to members and also found at church—or sign up in our Parish Hall Foyer.
Bake Sale & Car Wash
Come to the Youth Group Car Wash & Bake Sale on Saturday, June 1, 8:30 am-4 pm, at the Southborough Transfer Station, 147 Cordaville Road (Rt. 85). Let us wash your car; enjoy homemade baked goods! Car wash is $8, or $5 paid in advance. Proceeds will support the Youth Group summer mission trip to South Dakota.
Adult Faith Formation
The Season of Easter is a time of resurrection, and our Burial Offices focus on the power of Jesus’ resurrection. During our Adult Faith Formation (AFF) in Eastertide, we’ll focus on end-of-life issues — difficult to talk about but so very important to do so for yourself and your family.
- May 26 – Rosemary Nelson, Nursing Director at MetroWest Medical Center, will speak to us about resources available to patients and families to help facilitate conversation and decision-making around end of life care.
- June 2 – Father Phil will speak about funeral and memorial planning and the many decisions that can be made in advance to make things a bit easier at a sorrowful time.
- Second Saturday Service Days: Every second Saturday of the month the Outreach team will organize an event. Some events will be at St. Mark’s and others will be off-site working with various organizations throughout the region. Each project will be scheduled in advance, with a begin and end time, so everyone will know the time commitment. Mark your calendars now for every second Saturday of the month!
- Open Plate Offering: Our May Open Plate and Outreach recipient is Daniel’s Table
- Wednesdays at 9:30 Women’s Group: The group meets from 9:30-11 in the Prayer Room. All are welcome!
- Prayer Shawl Group: The group meets monthly in the Parish Hall from 9:30 am – 11 am.